Thursday, May 05, 2005

STOP CYCLE-ISM!

If there are any invisible readers out there, (picture teeming hordes) I want to assure you that I will always strive to be fair and balanced in my representation of road bikers, comfort bikers, tricyclers, and even uni-cyclers. I believe it takes all kinds to make this world diverse and special for everyone. I can appreciate road bike culture. Hell, some my best friends are road bikers. That doesn't mean I want them in my neighborhood. We could still work together, and our kids could go to the same school I guess, but you know, they have their world and I have mine. I wouldn't want my daughter to date one if you know what I mean.

In the words of anti-cycle-ist agitator Chris King I ask you, "Can't we all just get along?"

Sincerely, HFBIC

6 comments:

hitops said...

Don't know Chris, but I remember LA copbait Rodney King saying some such. Juancho, what's that spindly, skinny-tired thing that's been seen on your back porch? Could be the answer to Chris/Rodney's question is that we have seen the enemy and he is us.

Juancho said...

That thing is a 1979 Bottecchia road bike, with Campagnola Super Record component group, Fiami sew-up rims.

But you wouldn't know anything about that.

hitops said...

I hear you can get an antique tag for those things after 20 years, like we did for my mom's '61 Cadillac with the Batmobile fins. Is it getting much work? Maybe a museum would be interested, and you could write it off your taxes.

Juancho said...

It is getting a lot of use as a pollen magnet lately.

sasquatch said...

Yo, Hemingway, you've got nothing to say to this? Put down the tea and cookies and smack somebody with the hilt of that word sword!

Juancho said...

You know how it is, roadies don't like to make a move without the peloton.