Friday, April 14, 2006

Haulin' Ass















Time to Go.

Put down the checkbook, telephone, fingernail clippers, garden hose, laundry detergent, and the meatloaf sandwich. Walk away from the keyboard, the television, the job, and the thousand and one other small intrusions and indignities. Time to Go.

I want to see some asses in some seats pronto.

By now, if we don't have it we don't need it or we will get it on the way. As departure time nears, the domesticated life will launch salvo after salvo at our freedom. "Just let me make a call"... "I need to run by the bank"... "Did you remember the blah-blah-blah? Yes, I remembered the blah-blah-blah, now get in the damn car, crank up some anarchy music and let's move. Time's a-wastin'.

Next stop: Dupont State Forest.

Butter Gap, Longbranch, Pisgah, Picklesimer Fields, Looking Glass Rock, Tsali. That is all I want to hear out of any of you! Talk to me about corn-fed aged beefsteaks and Guiness.

I don not care about your GPA or your IRA, because I'm going MIA.

Campingcampingcampingcampingcampingcampingcampingcamping CAMPING!

Until next week then-

Juancho

No comments: