Thursday, September 07, 2006

Clydesdale Hall of Fame

While I'm at it, let's go ahead and add Spike Lee to the Clydesdale Hall of Fame for his monumental documentary about the continued struggles of the people of New Orleans, When the Levees Broke. I knew I was still pissed off about something, and Mr. Lee helped me remember what it was. Although not an easy thing to watch (4 hours of institutional negligence and suffering) I feel like a better american for having done it. Whoever said if you aren't upset you aren't paying attention was right. Spike Lee is upset, and he is paying attention- for this he receives the prestigious honor of induction into the BRC Clydesdale Hall of Fame. I'm sure he is thrilled this morning.

-Juancho

4 comments:

sasquatch said...

So, I somehow missed this, but The Clydesdale Award has been expanded to include those of expansive vision or spirit, regardless of their actual size?

Juancho said...

Oh yeah, I'm not sure who the first sub 200 lber to get in was, but it was a while back. Aside from you, Bigworm, Magnus, and me, the list would be too small to continue.

sasquatch said...

Elvis in his later years?

Mr. Ed?

Juancho said...

Elvis yes, Mr. Ed no. In fact, isn't Elvis already an inductee?