Friday, June 29, 2007



I went to bed so early and slept so deeply that I think I woke up far in the future. Am I wrong or is that a hovercraft jam outside this morning? Whatever happened to that war in Iraq? Is it over yet? Did Britney make a magnificent comeback? Please help me, I would like to rejoin your futurisitic society.

After I treat these bed sores I am going to be feeling like a hundred bucks, and that is the way you want to roll into a combined Friday/payday. Rested and Ready.

It should go without saying that I stand prepared to disappoint my fellow golfers, although as the champ I think it only fair that I take some control over who gets their title shot, and when.

Aside from that I will be riding one of my bicycles some respectable distance if for nothing other than to justify the existence of this lil' ole blog and all it stands for.

S'quatch dropped some big news on me the other night. He is planning a 3 day, 325 mile ride from his parents home in Palmetto to his own home in Tallahassee.

Notable issues:

He will be on a cruise the week prior to the event.
He has never ridden 100 miles in a day.
His bike will have to remain mechanically sound the entire time.
I'm not going to be there.

This is big folks, and he is going to need all of our help if he is to succeed. Let's open up the advice faucet and get the good news flowing, OK?

Now I have to go price a timeshare on the Moon.

-Juancho

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for him going out and gettin' him some adventure. Lately I've been feeling like I need some adventure.

I don't even know who Squatch is but all I could advise would be lots of gatorade and put Terry in his camelback to humor him through the tough times. I'll have to consult with Big Worm on the identities of Squatch. Hell I don't even know who Juancho is....

AucillaSinks said...

it's better that way

sasquatch said...

Right now the route is the major issue. Getting from Palmetto through Tampa without getting squashed is the main thing. North of Tampa it's much easier to imagine a soulful ride on into Tally.

Any ideas from folks who know Manatee/Hillsborough counties by bicycle would be welcome.

I'll be leaving from Palmetto on Wednesday, July 18, and will sleep in my bed Friday night, July 20.

Anonymous said...

I applaude you, 'Squatch! I always wanted to attack something like this, but always find sensible reasons to chicken out. Unfortunatel, I'm no help on the South Florida snarl. I think that the powers that be built highways on every square foot of solid ground south of Gainesville!

RickySilk said...

Big Worm the Fools Gold 100 is calling! Or in my case the 50.