Thursday, November 01, 2007

Dropping in



It sure has been nice to be back in the Bridge of the BRC. Drinking coffee of mine own making. I use 8 O'Clock Bean regular in the red bag, grind it myself, and then pour hot water from the tea kettle through the same plastic Melita cone I have used for years on camping trips. I drin it black, and usually float an ice cube in it to facilitate the slurping process.

For the next three days I can indulge myself with this routine, and then it is back in the car and away to Nashville, TN. I have a few guest submissions in the dugout and welcome whatever you have a mind to share. Please keep in mind that style often trumps substance so don't pull a muscle or anything trying to get all deep. Of course, I think we all appreciate deep too.

After a week of David Blaining it (living in a hotel for four days and never coming out) I will roll towards Chatanooga for the 17th annual Cheaha but it ain't Cheaha Camping Trip. This years finds us converging on the Ocoee River Valley for a week of riding singletrack, caving, staring at trees, and shmelting bottles in the fire. As usual, $100 goes to the shmelter who can create a functional ashtray with no cracks in it. Can't be done I say!

So, more time away from home, the continued postponement of developing a conventional life, but the road calls- and I'm late for supper.

Juancho

6 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

My advice-skip Ruby Falls.
Juancho- I dreamed the other night that you were a world-class antiques dealer.
I'm sure that's close to the truth.

Human Wrecking Ball said...

I knuckled to the pressure! Squatch, this means we're even for the metaphore jabs.
Big Worm can't get over logs.

Juancho said...

you are right Ms. Moon, any of these guys will tell you I deal in olde excuses.

sasquatch said...

Style over substance? I'd expect a Juancho rant against such modern notions, not an endorsement.

W.B. -- you look good in title blue.

Juancho said...

Sometimes substance comes calling in strange garb.

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

"Whoa," as Jeff Spikoli sez, "Dude, is that roller-coaster legal?" I wanna try. Kick-ass. Here's another kick-ass trilogy.

Don’t let Bush/Cheney receive a ‘coup d’etat’:
exit the mundane, experience the insane!!

Check-out my extreme,
efficacious,
avant-garde,
kick-ass trilogy...
and buy one of my novels
(my photo on the back cover of REDUNDANT):

--> stores.lulu.com/fido <--

If we don’t meet here,
I'll see you in God’s Great Beyond, won't I?
God bless you.