Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Whittling



The panic in S'quatch's voice was evident as we topped the rise of the first hill at Munson. I was not supposed to be there, on his wheel, breathing down his neck. In hindsight I probably would have enjoyed the ride more if I had sandbagged a little, allowing him to think that he still held a solid advantage over me. After that moment, it was breakneck, frantic, pell mell screaming through the woods blindly. He flew like Ichabod Crane before the Headless Horseman. I dispatched one of the killer robots-Mystery the Untameable Robot- to rein him in, but soon it will be I who does the reining, and the reigning.

I am Juancho the whittler, and I am steadily carving on the hickory knot of victory.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

more like a balloon knot of puckery...

The Bald Fiddler said...

Go gettum' tiger. Reminds me of the time you turned on your heels and chased that bully right out of your yard. By the way, today I spotted a 30 year old Raleigh LeTour 10 speed road bike being sold by the original owner. Brought back a lot of memories but alas it had a heavy steel frame and it was priced like it was titanium. Besides I'm past riding in traffic.

Dr. J

Ms. Moon said...

Like the new look, Juancho. Man, it's REALLY been a while since I've seen you.

Human Wrecking Ball said...

Was the whittler a character on the original Batman? That was a nice post.
Normally I would be rooting for anyone attacking the squatch, but after seeing how mean you are to him I sorta feel sorry for the big hairy BASTARD!
w.b.

sasquatch said...

You tell him, W.B. -- that ornery bastard!

Whittling is a harmless hobby, and perfect for retirement.