Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Flashback Episode

From Bonanza to the Brady Bunch, Star Trek to Seinfeld, eventually you are going to get a flashback episode. It is a simple technique used to fill space when the writers go on strike or the budget is in the red. In this case, the writer has a lot of work to do so please enjoy this episode of...364 days ago at the BRC.





Yesterday on the trail I pulled a tick the size of a small dog- (I think it's a Pomeranian) off of myself. The poison ivy is flourishing and thick. The recent windstorm ripped the Live Oak Connector into a mess, and that trail is always a mess anyway. It was hot too, muggy I should say.

How do I know all of this? Easy! I rode my bike.

Not very far, not very fast, but hard and with conviction and this my friends is extremely disappointing to my friend Sasquatch, who seems to think mountain biking was a passing fad. The Rubik's Cube of last summer. The My Little Pony of last fall. Are we now supposed to move on and take up pole dancing? I hear that is the hottest thing going for the exercise-minded.

Not me ladies and gentleman. I am scrubbing down the elephants, sobering up the clowns, and whitewashing the big top in preparation for the Geatest Show on Dirt.

I'm just not sure where we will open the season this year.

Any ideas?

Juancho

Posted by juancho at 8:46 AM 5 comments Links to this post
Monday, April 16, 2007
And So it Goes

Some things never change. I'm still picking on Sasquatch. I have posion ivy all over my right shin, and I'm still waiting to start my big "Season."

Consistency helps me sleep at night.

-Juancho

7 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

I think that picture gave me a flashback.

Human Wrecking Ball said...

Your still a kick ass writer tho. It's a shame you can't ride any of that stuff on fern. We all have our cross.
w.b.

Juancho said...

W.B.- What? You want some today?

Anonymous said...

Hyland's Poison Ivy/Oak tablets, (about $5.50 from our local New Reich Market).
These homeopathic pills,look like blue baby aspirin, taste like nothing and really do the job of drying it up and improving one's immunity to future exposures.
Just put the little bottle in your pocket and eat a few every time you think about the itch.
Trust me it, works.
-otersen

sasquatch said...

The BRC is held together by the tension between resolution and entropic fatigue. Put a little fantasy in the tank and that baby will run for half a million miles.

Juancho said...

Oat- that might be the first time something useful has graced these pages. thanks.

Human Wrecking Ball said...

Could someone please get a translator for Squatch? I think he just solved the God Particle equation.
w.b.