Tuesday, November 18, 2008

55 Days



By my calculations we got ourselves about 55 days until that godforsaken excuse for a bike ride, the San Felasco 50. Depending on where you stand at the moment that is either more than enough time to get in shape for it, or more than enough time to fall down the well and lose all of your summer base miles and pick up 15 lbs.

Now, if I was Sasquatch, I would get my fingers out of the ranch dressing and go ride some trails between now and then, but I ain't him and there is no telling what kind of plan he is cooking up(probably some sort of cheese-based plan.)

I on the other hand, have a lot to lose between now and then. Months and months of unrelenting sobriety and tedium could all be wasted in the coming days of conference breakfast buffets and family holidays. If things went really bad there is even time to smoke about 1100 cigarettes between now and then. If there is one rule that is unbending it is this: Rust Never Sleeps.

The temperature is dropping. The pies are in the ovens. The days are shorter and shorter. The sweet warmth of the family bosom brooks no lone wolf antics.

"Come, sit with us, we can play a board game and eat some cinnamon rolls." says the bosom.

How to stay motivated?

How to keep the engines of self-deprivation and hate firing through a time of loving plenty?

I need about 55 reasons to stay hungry.

Juancho

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

But, the CAKE! What about all of the cake that calls your name?

Juancho said...

I was eating cake with both hands on the camping trip. I even cut myself on the knife from reaching in so fast.

It was worth it.

INKSPOT•PROJECT said...

it is all true. the fall appetite for indulgence beckons. my computer chair is too comfortable. softness settles in...

Nannygoat said...

Why fight it? That's the sage advice from your auntie who isn't fighting anything anymore. Indulge while you still can. It gets you sooner or later.

Juancho said...

Why fight it? For the love of the fight of course. Are there any of you out there not repping for Big Cake?

Anonymous said...

screw the cake! (literally-it will help to forever icky it up in your mind)

too much?

nicol said...

I am all for cake. And, cheese too. Think 'Squatch would post a recipe?

LoPo said...

I, your mother, am NOT repping for the big cake, the French breakfast puffs nor for the dressing and gravy nor pumpkin pie. This is the feast or famine mother, and we are in famine days and proud to withstand it! We shall share vibes in Spanish so the others don't interfere with them while they eat what they may! ;) We are for strength of body and will!! :)

Juancho said...

sigue, sigue, mas, mas!

BIGWORM said...

I hear you loud and clear, Juancho. I, too, am trying to walk the straight and narrow. Unfortunately, I tripped and fell face first into a plate of chicken and dumplings, while in Madison County, around lunch time today. Not so straight. Not so narrow. We should team up, we'll either stay the course, or eat this, and possible neighboring, counties out of house and home.

BIG JIM said...

IHOP will be my downfall. Damn them for opening up two locations.

LoPo said...

IHOP? That place is downright EVIL, Big Jim! Actually, the way to go is EAT MORE FISH. BRCer's can start a new tradition and fix a nice big red snapper for Thanksgiving. . .

Human Wrecking Ball said...

Don't worry Juancho, I will get to lunch about an hour before you and make sure they keep the soup warm.
You and Squatch will not go hungy.

Human Wrecking Ball said...

r

reverend dick said...

See here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn2NIhVI8qQ

bikechain said...

My name is red dragon, and I love chicken wings and congo bars. I ate my bike weight in congo bars yesterday. Welcome Red Dragon, we love you.

Anonymous said...

hunger makes for good love.

Juancho said...

Now that's some good advice.

sasquatch said...

I'd never wear just one green earring like that.