Monday, April 20, 2009

On the Eve of My Oblivion



April 21, my birthday. Last year in my thirties. Time to put aside childish things and become a man. Take the gangster rap to the flea market and stop trying to name the un-nameable art studio. Take off the Spiderman Halloween costume and start putting some bank in that retirement fund. Stop writing about bikes and squandering your miserly accruement of talent. Write about real things, like forced smiles and people walking grocery store aisles with eyes of quiet desperation. (they sigh as they grab the 2% and look with yearning at the Whole).

Practice is over, next year real life begins.

Juancho

14 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

"Real life"? And you're now living "fake life"?
I do not think so.

The Old Bag said...

Do not go quietly into THAT good night....

make it drag you
kicking
and
screaming

anonymous said...

oh hell yeah
prunes and black balloons!

May said...

You told me you were thirty six.

Juancho said...

Then I might as well tell you I am not really an astronaut.

Jill Homer said...

I like your ambition. Happy birthday.

nicol said...

Happy Birthday! I really disagree with the boxing up the Spidy-costume.

LoPo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HIJO CONSENTIDO!! :)

RickySilk said...

knowin nothin in life
but to be legit
don't quote me boy
cause I ain't said ....

Human Wrecking Ball said...

I am behind you 100%! I am so down with the grand gesture, the marking the end of an epic. F- ya man! Lets do this f-ing thing....wait what are you doing?

BIGWORM said...

Happy Birthday, Sir. Sir is what my Dad taught me to call my elders. But wait, which of us is elder?

sasquatch said...

Happy Birthday, Bro.

No use tryin to clean up, now. They won't care in Mexico, anyway.

C.T. said...

Happy Birthday Juancho. Almost time for that second childhood...

Anonymous said...

this was about bikes?