Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pot Roast in May



"All I want from you is a pot roast." said Pain Cave Tommy yesterday. In honor of his birthday, the man just wanted some red meat and a chance to get drunk on the Sopchoppy in the care of his good buddy Cupcake.

Fall-like temperatures continue in the area, confusing me in both body and soul. The pace of life and the seasons are supposed to correspond and reflect a steady wax and wane of mojo and focus. The steamy summer temps and the suffocating humidity left me dangling from the wagon- a boot heel caught in the gate latch. Now, I am riding like San Felasco is a month away.

Every day brings a new riding partner. Shins on Sunday. PC Tommy on Monday. A wheezy, sluggish Sasquatch on Tuesday (barely did he make it.) Cupcake Today. I did this last year too.

I used the same excuse with every rider. "Where were you yesterday when I was kicking _________'s ass huh?" Diabolical? Or just genius?

Juancho

3 comments:

BIGWORM said...

What does one need to do in order to get on the pot roast circuit?

Juancho said...

One needs to stop winning Clydesdale races first of all. Other than that, what do you have to barter with?

bikechain said...

Genius