Friday, July 24, 2009

Who's got your back?



The universe was taking me apart- an existential picking of the bones underway. This blog is about bikes and who cares about the weird dreams you had last night or the 3:00 A:M "Why am I here and what am I doing?" conversations with the hooded shadows hanging from the closet door. You want real problems? Move to Mogadishu, or Gretna, FL.

So an unexpected visit from family was most welcome, a little change of energy, a little fresh blood, a little get outside of yourself.

The Great Magnet will drag you to heel, that's for sure. I now find myself 300 miles from my home sitting at my Mom's kitchen counter while she sleeps away the flu in my bed back in Tallahassee. We became separated by a 1979 Winnebago with 3 wheels and a tow-truck driver afraid of wheelchairs or Mexicans. Turns out we all needed a little back-up.

If you are confused by this narrative, join the club. Better yet, try living it.

Juancho

5 comments:

nicol said...

It's always a good read on the BRC. Glad it all worked out for everyone in the end, I think. :)

Hope the weekend keeps getting better for ya. A bike ride is in order, it sounds like.

Juancho said...

leaning more towards burning the wagon down and walking home. I made an emergency exit this morning to get someone's back and the bike didn't make it in the car. I need a bottle in front of me or a frontal lobotomy (as they say.) Oh well, plenty of time to get readt for San Felasco!

Mingo said...

we need more backup than we want to recognize or at least want to admit.

hitops said...

Took the mountain bike up to the Nantahala Gorge last week. Didn't have a whole day for the Tsali thing, but walked/rode a little singletrack and a little more doubletrack in the rafters' environs. Some college boys in 1 boat wore pirate hats and demanded my rum.

Yesterday I rode Phipps and Overstreet. Hadn't been up there lately, and found some twisty new singletrack between ForestMeadows and the soccer field parking lot. Just my speed.

J, give me a call when you're setting up a ride suited to my, uh, skillset.

-G

Juancho said...

You are on G. It is a small club these days. Your skills now make you a starter.