Monday, August 31, 2009

$250,000



Looking for a house really teaches you the value of a dollar. That is why I am very curious about the quarter million bucks that is about to be spread around improving and enhancing the Munson Hills/ Twilight trail area. So far the only change I have seen is that somebody dragged the bike rack (capacity 5) about 15 feet at the trailhead, placing it adjacent to the kiosk. A modest, well-chosen first move- I hope we have some cash left to add enough pressure to the water fountain to properly fill a bottle.

The Forest Service pulled our best man off the job and secured the help of some trail bigshots. I, personally, feel our best man was the answer- and he would have cared for that trail until we buried him there all for the cost of a few shovels.

Where would you put the $250,000? I would use some of it to add a tunnel under the powerlines that played Black Sabbath and had those glow-in-the-dark star stickers all over it.

S'quatch suggested about $248,000 would be for improved parking lots, the remaining $2,000 might buy signs which indicate something, anything to help us get out of the woods when we are sick of riding the twilight trail after two or three hours of confused looping.

So where would you put the loot?

As for the house hunt- it looks like I can afford a commercial size dumpster with a four shopping cart add-on (for guests.) Lot not included.

I help the little children, so I'm told my reward awaits in heaven.

Juancho

11 comments:

C.T. said...

What? No foreclosed Killearn estates available at firesale prices?

I would personally vote for 24 hour child care at the trailhead parking lot, or maybe just a trailer with three tv's playing spongebob squarepants nonstop and a bottomless popcorn machine.

RickySilk said...

LADDER BRIDGES AND TEEETER TOTTERS DUDE!1!!!!!

I saw a site recently that showed all the homes being blown out by banks.

Anonymous said...

for a quarter million, they could buy 10 single-wides and park 'em around the sinks. You could live in one Juancho and be the trail gnome. You'd have to load a shotgun full of peppercorns though and put on your best ornery face.

Mingo said...

How can we make the trail all downhill? Those mountains across from the trail head are inviting. Maybe they could hire a riding coach for all those that bitch about the minor amounts of sand. If they can’t figure out how to ride it, they could be buried in it no I rather bury them at Red Bug.

Mingo said...

How can we make the trail all downhill? Those mountains across from the trail head are inviting. Maybe they could hire a riding coach for all those that bitch about the minor amounts of sand. If they can’t figure out how to ride it, they could be buried in it no I rather bury them at Red Bug.

hitops said...

Ziplines, so I can bitch about the minor amount of sand without getting my bike mussed.

anonymous said...

I want a trolley, so that I may see the natural wonders of our national forest, without all of that hard work.

Human Wrecking Ball said...

How much would it cost to NOT hear gun shots when your head is playing spagetti western music and twilight has no end?

bikechain said...

I have a house that I'm discounting $130,000? Does that make a difference?

Juancho said...

If it was 180,000 to begin with we can talk.

sasquatch said...

The answer is obvious: Pave that bitch! I mean just go in and pave the hell out of it! Pave it till it screams for more! Pour it a little thicker in the sandy spots, maybe install automatic sweepers in case any sand gets up on the beautiful new pavement. Pave it! Pave the whole damn enchilada. Pave it now.