Friday, August 14, 2009

Someone, somewhere...



...is eating my marshmallow at a campfire beneath a tarp in the rain.

We pulled the plug on the Carolina trip due to weather and illness. I'm walking around with the swine flu lite or the walking p'monia. So much for vacation. If you don't know how to do it, do you deserve the privilege?

Instead of resting by that river in the woods I made some casual inquiries into purchasing a home, only to realize there is nothing casual about it. Let's see, what is the perfect metaphor?

If you are going to knock over one Harley-Davidson you might as well knock over them all.

Casual house buying is like...casual skydiving?

Mentioning you might want to buy a house is like mentioning you might have a bomb at the airport?

I guess it would be good, although those of you who say renting is throwing money away annoy the shit out of me. You purchased some shelter right? It's not like you bought a ticket to those Michael Jackson concerts in London. Getting stuck in an upside-down mortgage? Now that is throwing your money away.

Anyway, as you can see, it has now taken over my awesome bike blog.

At least the house has a "mudroom" with 3 pre-set hooks for my fleet.

Juancho

13 comments:

BIGWORM said...

For what it's worth, if you've got the dough, now's the time. There are deals all over town, and you can lowball most any seller, and they'll take it. If you have questions, give your neighborhood ex-bike wrench a call.

Ms. Moon said...

Gotta tell you- Mr. Moon knows a LOT about buying properties. And learning more every day. The hard way. And works at a bank. Call if you need some advice.

Juancho said...

Thanks everyone. I prefer to make a bad decision by myself so I have something to complain about for the rest of my life.

nicol said...

Of course I am focusing on the fact that you didn't get your desired roasted marshmallows, rather than the obvious house buying dilemma going on in your mind.

If you have a stick and a gas stove you could roast your marshmallows, eat them under a tarp covered table and pretend? ...Or, not. :S

Get well soon!

Human Wrecking Ball said...

My wife is a mortage broker and I will make sure you get the real, real, Bro deal.....feel? Obama has 8k with your handle on it! Get better.

John said...

The doc said this virus has been taking people down for up to three weeks. If I'm going to spend that kind of time with it I think I will name it Felix.

The Old Bag said...

Only three preset hooks?

Juancho said...

I know. That means two bikes are headed to the pound. (another one is at boarding school w/ Dogboy.

reverend dick said...

I,for one, welcome the awesomer new real estate circus blog. Expecting big things here...hopefully excruciating detail about the local market.




I meant "exquisite" detail.

anonymous said...

Now that you have a van...

You can live in it, down by the RIVER...

Juancho said...

I refer to that as Plan A.

jeff said...

"I prefer to make a bad decision by myself so I have something to complain about for the rest of my life." If you need something to complain about, call me. I've got a list as long as my arm!

Juancho said...

stick around my skills are legendary.