Friday, June 26, 2009

Striking Out



Words really do fascinate me. Like, how can the above title phrase mean to set out on a journey while also meaning to come to the end of an opportunity in a game established in the United States where players travel around bases, ultimately coming home?

That is the sort of thing that keeps me up at night.

In this situation I mean the phrase in the sense, "to strike out on a journey." I am getting out of town for a few days, traveling down to see my kin.

Alafia, Balm Boyette (could the rumors be true? Does it no longer suck?)Santos, San Felasco, Fanning Springs, Pole Barn, Bean Point, Highlands Hammock, Huckleberry's BBQ, Payne's Prairie, all of these points of interest are in play along the way.

I'm happy to go too. So far this summer of 2009 in Tallahassee gets an F.

Time for a change of scene.

Juancho

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

be back for July 4th, I hear there's a rock n rolla party

bikechain said...

we'll be expecting a ride report.

K

Juancho said...

Right. A ride report. I have to get on that.